Review the chart below comparing each party's stance on the issue. For each issue, select the statement you most agree with. At the end of the survey, submit your responses to see the result showing which party more closely espouses your values.
EDUCATION : LOCAL CONTROL
- AGAINST - The Federal Government has the responsibility to impose 'one-size fits all' education standards for all states and school districts.
- FOR - Education standards should be defined by parents working with local school boards. Local control leads to better education of students.
EDUCATION : SCHOOL CHOICE
- AGAINST - Students should be educated in Govt.- defined curriculum at a school the System selects. Education choice limited to those who can afford tuition on top of public education tax burden.
- FOR - Parents should have the option to choose the school and value-based curriculum their child is educated in. Parents should have option to apply education funding to school of their choice.
Businesses thrive by taking advantage of people. Therefore, heavy Government regulation of commerce is necessary. Tax and spend policies similar to California and Detroit should be mandated nation-wide.
Successful businesses provide better jobs. A business-friendly tax policy and stable, limited-regulatory climate has made Texas number 1 in job creation. These policies should be encouraged throughout the nation.
1st AMENDMENT RIGHTS - FREEDOM OF RELIGION
America is a post-Christian society. IRS targeting of Religious institutes. Practice of religion is limited to actions and speech that doesn't "offend". First Amendment codifies Freedom from Religion
Judeo-Christian values are part of the fabric of our Constitution and National History. Free practice of religion and speech should be protected. First Amendment codifies Freedom of Religion.
2nd AMENDMENT RIGHTS
- AGAINST - People cannot be trusted with guns. An armed citizenry threatens the Government-established order. Right to bear arms should be limited, if not eliminated.
- FOR - The right to bear arms is a Constitutionally-protected right that helps to ensure a free society. Law-abiding citizens should not be prohibited from owning guns.
TRADITIONAL FAMILY VALUES
- AGAINST - The traditional concept of family is antiquated and unnecessary. The Federal Government has the right to define what states view as a legal marriage or family.
- FOR - Families form the foundational building block of a healthy, free and prosperous society. The family unit should be respected and protected.
SANCTITY OF LIFE
- AGAINST - Supports Government funding of abortions both in United States and abroad. Your tax dollars applied to paying for abortion.
- FOR - Human life is valuable and should be protected. Tax Payer Government funds should not be used for abortion.
FOUNDATIONAL WORLD VIEW
- LIBERAL - A great nation is defined by the size and influence of its Central Government. The Government grants rights to the people in accordance with nationalized objectives.
- CONSERVATIVE - A great nation is defined by the sum total of the success and prosperity of its individual citizens. The people grant the Government the right to limited governance to maintain order in society.
VOTE your VALUES
Congratulations you are
You selected statements from Democrats and from Republicans
Victoria County Democratic Party P.O.Box 4965 Victoria, TX 77903